You can use these questions and scriptures in your own personal devotions during the week.
Read 1 Kings 17:1-24
• What was the prophecy that Elijah took to Ahab, king of Israel? (17:1)
• After speaking with Ahab, why did God direct Elijah to hide? (17:2-3)
• How were Elijah’s needs met while he was alone in the desert? (17:5-6)
• What two requests did Elijah make of the widow at Zarephath? (17:10-11)
• What was unusual about the ways God chose to provide for Elijah during the drought?
• What kind of faith is required for living with just enough for each day and no more?
• What is the importance of action to back up our words as believers?
• In what way do you find it easy or difficult to obey God when you don’t know what the outcome will be?
• In what peculiar but sufficient ways is God meeting your needs today?
• What step of faith do you need to take at this time in your life?
Here are some suggestions you may want to use for your time with God this week:
Day 1: Read 1 Kings 17:1. Pray and ask God to continue preparing you for the
great purposes He has in store for your life.
Day 2: Read 1 Kings 17:2-3. If you are going through any difficult circumstances
right now, ask God to show you His purpose through these situations.
Day 3: Read 1 Kings 17:4-6. Pray and ask God to meet any needs you
currently have. Pray for the needs of others that you know.
Day 4: Read 1 Kings 17:7-9. Have an honest talk with God by discussing a leap
of faith that He is calling you to make. Commit to making that leap of faith.
Day 5: Read 1 Kings 17:10-24. Pray and ask God to help develop you into the
man or woman that He has called you to be. Ask for His daily guidance in your
life as He continues to work through you and transform you.