For those of us who are married, it can be tough to know what to do to strengthen our relationship with our spouse. Don't put your marriage on hold while you're raising kids or else you'll end up with an empty nest AND an empty marriage! Wherever your marriage is at, you can experience redemption and reconciliation! But it's going to take WORK to make things WORK! It's going to take WORK to have a healthy, thriving marriage!
Here's a list of 25 simple ways to improve your marriage:
1. Pray together, out loud, on a regular basis!
2. Don’t keep secrets from each other. Communicate about everything. Secrecy is the enemy of intimacy.
3. Argue less. Cuddle more. Hug for 30 seconds every day.
4. Make Date Night a priority! Budget for a consistent date night. Time alone together is vital for your continued growth and health.
5. Have more sex, but make sure you’re only having it with each other!
6. Turn off your phones. Talking with each other is better than texting with someone else or being on Instagram or Facebook.
7. Pull the car over and make out.
8. Leave love notes for each other.
9. Give your spouse flowers on unexpected days, not just holidays.
10. When you’ve made a mistake, admit it and humbly seek forgiveness. You should be quick to say, “I was wrong. I’m sorry. Please forgive me.”
11. Should your spouse break your trust, when they repent, give them your forgiveness instantly. This promotes healing and creates the opportunity for them to rebuild your trust. Be quick to say, “I love you. I forgive you. Let’s move forward.”
12. Don’t hold grudges. Forgive and seek forgiveness when you’ve wronged each other.
13. Don’t waste time or energy comparing your lives to anyone else’s. God’s plan for you is masterfully unique.
14. Go on long walks and hold hands.
15. Don’t get deep in debt and if you’re already there, work together to get out of it!
16. Give compliments constantly, and never give insults.
17. When you have to choose between saying nothing or saying something mean, choose saying nothing every time!
18. Surround yourself with friends who will strengthen your marriage, and steer clear of those who may tempt you to compromise your character.
19. Keep dreaming new dreams and making big plans together. Don’t get stuck in a predictable rut.
20. Encourage one another. Build each other up so much that nothing in the world can tear you down.
21. Always try to answer your phone when your spouse calls and try to reply to texts quickly.
22. Never talk badly about your spouse to other people or vent about them online. Protect your spouse at all times and in all places.
23. Say “Thank you” and “I love you” as often as you can.
24. Make sure you’re communicating your love by your words and your actions.
25. Connect as a couple to a community of faith. A good church can make a world of difference in your marriage and family.
Hope those tips help you build a stronger marriage!
A lot of these ideas came from http://strongermarriages.com/ so check that website out for more great content!