Maple Grove, Minnesota
Church Size: About 200 people each Sunday
Job Type: Part-Time; 20 Hours Per Week
ABOUT MOSAIC CHURCH
Mosaic Church was founded 2 years ago by Lead Pastor Erik Lindeen. We are a portable church which means we set up each week in an elementary school. Mosaic reaches a lot of young families and those who either have no religious background or who are recently coming back to church for the first time in a long time. We are passionate about Jesus, like to have fun, and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Mosaic is looking for a Part-Time Worship Director who will take full ownership of the worship arts ministry. Mosaic is a community that values people over programs, so we are looking for someone who not only has the gift and talent of worship leading, but who also has a heart for people.
As a part-time position, we understand most candidates will have another job they work alongside this one, and so this position will be very flexible when it comes to “office hours.”
The Worship Pastor will be responsible for leading worship at Mosaic on a weekly basis (45-48 Sundays per year) and will assist the Lead Pastor to find replacements on his/her weeks off. The worship leader will plan services in collaboration with the Lead Pastor.
The Worship Director will not just be a “hired gun.” We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of the Mosaic community and who wants to “do life” with people at Mosaic.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an experienced worship leader able to lead from guitar and/or piano.• Be a gifted vocalist
• Have a teachable spirit
• Be outgoing and energetic, someone who connects with people.
• Be able to “bring energy to the room” on Sunday mornings
• Have experience using Planning Center, Pro Presenter, and working with loops.
WORSHIP PASTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The Worship Pastor will be responsible for all areas of Worship Ministry at Mosaic Church including all teams, services, systems, equipment, and rehearsals.
• Teams: Band, Vocalists, Computer/Lyrics Team, Sound Team. Teams will be scheduled on a regular basis.
• Services: The Worship Director will lead worship for Sunday Worship Services as well as Special Services (Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc)
• Systems: Manage Planning Center Online and all of it’s functions
• Equipment: Personally, as well as train teams, to care for, use, and maintain all equipment used for worship ministry.
• Rehearsals: The Worship Pastor will hold a weekly rehearsal to prepare the band and vocalists each week (except in extenuating circumstances)
The Worship Pastor will be expected to be present at all staff and leadership meetings/functions (as long as they do not interfere with other vocational obligations) including
- Weekly production meetings
- Weekly one-on-one w/ the Lead Pastor
- Weekly Thursday Morning Staff Meetings
- Annual training events and/or leadership retreats
Please send all resumes, links, and worship leading videos to email@example.com.